Regular visits to the dentist are key to ensuring that your child develops healthy, strong teeth and positive dental habits. However, your child’s first visit to the dentist can be a frightening experience if they are unprepared. This does not have to be the case. Instead, Dr. Scott recommends these tips to ensure that your child is not frightened by pediatric dentistry and will have a positive experience at the dentist’s office.
Tips for Pediatric Dentistry Visit
- Ensure you talk to your child about the visit. Explain what the visit will be like, and encourage them to talk about their feelings. If they are scared and anxious, that generally comes from their fear of the unknown. The more that you can explain in a calm, comforting manner, the better your child will feel during their first pediatric dentistry appointment.
- Allow them to bring a stuffed animal or a favorite blanket. Having a familiar object that they can reach for when they feel nervous or afraid will help your child feel comfortable in the unfamiliar environment of a dental office.
- Help your child develop beneficial dental habits through teaching and being a role model. Children are like sponges, soaking up the way that adults act. Practicing positive dental habits and teaching your child positive dental health practices will ensure that your child’s visit does not require difficult procedures.
- Make a regularly scheduled pediatric dentistry visit. You should schedule your child’s first pediatric dentistry visit as soon as they get their first tooth. Getting your child familiar with your dentist will ensure that by the time they may need a corrective procedure they will be comfortable visiting the dentist’s office.
- Most importantly, stay positive. Your child will be influenced in a big way by the way that you act. If you keep a positive demeanor, your child will not have any reason to be worried. And the truth is, there is no reason to be worried if you choose the right pediatric dentistry office. Dr. Stuart Scott and his team of assistants are experts at providing a fun, safe environment for children. We know how to make sure that your child enjoys their visit.
Contact Dr. Stuart Scott For Your Child’s Next Visit
If you are searching for a great place to bring your child for their first pediatric dentistry appointment, Dr. Stuart Scott at Parkcrest Dental Group is the place for you. If you would like to schedule an appointment, or if you simply have questions about our office and procedures, contact us today at 417-262-5515. We look forward to hearing from you and hope you will choose us as your dental clinic.